Search This Blog

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A new 'toy', or fun slave labor?


Today's impromptu 'activity' turns out to be a big help to me. A few days ago, I bought the best new toy ever. It's a vacuum. Well, it's a glorified dustbuster on a stick, really. Our vacuum hasn't been working so great lately, but we're reticent to spend a bunch of money on a new one because we have pretty much all hardwood floors and (the bigger reason) my kids are all freaked out by the noise of the vacuum and hide like a bunch of frightened mice in the back of the house whenever we use it. So, we never use it...opting instead for sweeping, the dustbuster, etc.

So, this new one, the Dirt Devil Versa, less than $20, how could I go wrong? It is corded, which was important to me, as my husband often leaves the dustbuster off the cradle all night, and then it's dead in the morning when I need to use it (although I do seriously appreciate the cleaning help, don't get me wrong). It has on-board crevice tools, you can detach the bottom part to use it like a regular dustbuster, and really it's so lightweight and small, the KIDS USE IT WITH EASE. They are a bunch of vacuuming fools, racing to get the Versa whenever we have a spill, such as an entire bottle of glitter. Ahem. It's not very noisy, either.

I checked this baby out online to see what the reviews were, because I was a bit skeptical. I've found what they said to be true: great for quick cleanups, but you would definitely not want to use this as your only vacuum if you had carpet- it's not heavy duty enough.
BTW, Dirt Devil, not paying me for this endorsement. But they should.

No comments:

Post a Comment