Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why? Why add another thing to my day? Why?



My goal is to come up with at least one planned multi-age activity each day. That is to say, we do many activities each day, but many of them are of the unplanned, don't throw that at your sister's head, wait! get down from there! Hold my hand! Wait for Mama! variety. By multi-age, I mean that all, or most, anyway (I'm not that nuts) of my kids can participate and enjoy this activity.

It's summer! That means Young Yeller is out of school, getting along with some of her sisters, and yes, yelling on a fairly regular basis. She likes to yell. She has perfected a growly, from-the-gut yell that is meant to intimidate and get her little sisters out of her room, pronto. Here's the other thing about YY: she gets bored. And when she gets bored, she causes trouble.

And really, my kids all love planned activities. Crafty things, sorting things, move around, music, goofy fish puppets on a stick; you name it. It's good for everyone. And it forces me to pry myself from the dishes and the laundry and the food prep for a few minutes and actually enjoy these little people my husband and I decided to bring into the world.

My goal: at least one planned, multi-age activity each day...short on prep time, long on enjoyment. And post about it. And take pictures. Pictures would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment